This Apple Puff Pancake recipe is a favorite for weekend breakfast or brunch! Make using The Chef’s Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix or Maple Oat Pancake & Waffle Mix and you are sure to delight your family & friends!
- ½ cup The Invisible Chef Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 6 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter, divided
- 1 Apple- peeled, cored & sliced (preferably Golden Delicious or Granny Smith)
- ½ Tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup Milk
- Confectioners Sugar for dusting
- Blueberries or Bananas for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put 2 Tbsp. of butter in ovenproof skillet and set aside.
- In another frypan, melt 2 Tbsp. butter and add the apple, cinnamon and sugar. Saute, stirring occasionally, until the apple begins to soften and brown, about 5 to 6 minutes. Set aside.
- In a bowl, using a whisk, beat the eggs and milk and 2 Tbsp. melted butter until blended.
- Add the Pancake Mix and whisk until smooth.
- Place the skillet with the butter into the oven until the butter melts.
- Using an oven mitt, remove the pan from the oven and swirl the butter until it covers the bottom of the pan. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and arrange the apple slices evenly on top.
- Bake until the pancake is browned and puffed up, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Dust with confectioner’s sugar and top with fresh fruit, if desired. Serve immediately.