Not too sweet, this Italian-inspired cake takes just minutes with The Invisible Chef Stone-Ground Cornbread Mix and is tender, moist and delicious! Top with some ice cream (The Invisible Chef’s Ice Cream, of course!) or softly whipped cream.
- 1 box The Invisible Chef Stone-Ground Cornbread Mix (1 Cup Milk, ¾ Cup Creamed Style Corn, ¼ Cup vegetable oil, 1 egg
- 1 can (about 21 oz) peach pie filling (you could also use apple pie filling)
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Mix together cinnamon and brown sugar and set aside.
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup batter. Place the remaining batter into a lightly greased 9" x 9" pan.
- Layer peach pie filling over the batter and spread the reserved batter over the peach pie filling.
- Using a knife, swirl batter to create a marbled effect. Sprinkle with the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before serving.
- Dust with additional cinnamon sugar mixture if desired and top with whipped cream.