Almond Citrus Olive Oil Cake
- 1 box Almond Creme Coffee & Tea Cake Mix
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil (or a citrus flavored olive oil - we used Meyer Lemon Olive Oil)
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- ⅔ cup sliced almonds, toasted, coarsely crumbled and cooled
- Powdered Sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toast ⅔ cup sliced almonds and let cool. Lightly grease an 8 or 9-inch diameter cake pan. Put the package contents of the Almond Creme Cake in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs, milk, olive oil and zest together until well blended.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry mix and stir until blended (do not overmix).
- Gently stir in the crumbled almonds. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out dry. Transfer to a rack and cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove cake and place on serving platter. Dust with powdered sugar.
- Cut the cake into wedges and serve with a dollop of softly whipped cream.