With a pinch of merriment and a dash of delight, this darling dessert served in cute mason jars will fill your family hearts with Christmas cheer!
- Six wide mouthed medium Mason Jars
- 1 Box The Invisible Chef Chocolate Peppermint Coffee & Tea Cake (or Chocolate Truffle Coffee & Tea Cake) (3/4 cup milk, ⅓ cup oil, 2 eggs)
- Prepare cake as directed on box. Let cool completely and break up into small to medium sized pieces and set aside.
- Chocolate Liqueur Syrup (optional - but delicious)
- Your Will Need: ¼ cup sugar, ¼ cup water, ⅓ cup chocolate flavored liqueur (such as Godiva)
- Bring sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Let cool completely. Stir in liqueur. Set aside. (If you don’t want to use the liqueur syrup, you can substitute premade chocolate syrup).
- Either freshly whipped or premade crushed peppermint candies
- Layer the cake in each jar: Start with cake pieces, drizzle with a little syrup, dollop a little whipped cream on top, sprinkle with some crushed candies….and...repeat. End with whipped cream and garnish with crushed candies. HOHOHO...Merry Christmas!