Double Chocolate Upside Down Cake
- 1 Box The Invisible Chef Dark Chocolate Cupcake Kit(equally delicious using our Salted Caramel or Pumpkin Cupcake Kits)
- 1 stick (1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature)
- ½ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup flaked sweetened coconut
- ½ cup chopped pecans
Frosting: Pouch Two
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
Prepare the cake: Pouch One - Cupcake Mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-inch cake pan.
- Sprinkle coconut and pecans evenly over the bottom of the prepared pan. Prepare cake mix as directed on box. Pour cake batter over the coconut and pecans.
Prepare the cream cheese topping: Pouch Two - Frosting
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or using a hand mixer), beat the cream cheese and butter on medium speed until smooth. Stop mixer and scrape sides of bowl. Add frosting packet slowly and mix on low speed until well blended.
- Drop the topping by spoonfuls over the top of the cake batter.
- Bake about 35-40 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake portion. Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack.