This delicious dessert will become a favorite around your Thanksgiving table! Dress up this lovely pumpkin bread pudding with a dollop of fresh whipped creme or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Serve with coffee or hot wassail!
1 Box Pumpkin Spice Coffee & Tea Cake
(3/4 cup milk, ½ cup oil, 2 eggs)
- 4 large eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ cup sugar plus and extra 2 tbsp of sugar
- ¼ cup canned plain pumpkin
- 2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- Optional: Whipped Cream or Vanilla Ice Cream
- Let cool completely and cut into ½ - inch cubes with a serrated knife. Spread cubes in a single layer on a lightly greased jellyroll pan. Bake at 400 degrees for about 10-15 minutes or until cake is lightly toasted. Remove from oven and set aside. Can be done ahead.
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, ½ cup sugar, pumpkin, zest and salt in a large mixing bowl until well blended. Whisk in milk and heavy cream until incorporated and well mixed.
- Add the toasted pumpkin cubes to the liquid mixture and stir gently to moisten evenly. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Grease an 11 x 7 -inch baking pan. Pour bread pudding mixture into baking dish, spreading evenly; sprinkle with the 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Pour hot tap water to a depth of ¾ inch in a large roasting pan. Place roasting pan in oven. Place the baking dish containing the bread pudding in the center of the roasting pan (very carefully).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 70 minutes (1 hr and 10 min) or until set in the center. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.