To make a fresh herb salad: Mix together a couple of different lettuces, like a butter lettuce and red leaf, and add chopped fresh chives, dill, basil, cilantro and mint. Add fresh shelled English peas and toss with your favorite vinegrette…(like EVOO, Champagne Vinegar and Stone Ground Dijon Mustard and a little salt & pepper).
- 1 box The Invisible Chef Classic Crème Scone Mix (3/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream, 1 Tbsp Flour)
- Egg Wash (1 Egg, 1 Tbsp cream, pinch of salt) – Mix together and set aside
- Few tablespoons Olive oil
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp or more Red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Goat Cheese
- Few Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat oil in a 10-12” ovenproof skillet (cast iron skillet ok) over medium heat. Cook onions, stirring occasionally, until caramelized, about 25 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, flour, red pepper flakes, a couple of sprigs of thyme….a little salt and pepper. Toss to mix everything together….saute for about 5-10 minutes until tomatoes start to burst.
- In the meantime prepare scones according to box directions except roll out to about 8”. Cut into about 8 – 2” circles. Place the scones in a circle on top of the tomato mixture and brush with egg wash.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and quickly dollop the goat cheese on exposed tomatoes. Bake an additional 5 to 8 minutes or so…or until tomatoes are bubbling and the scones are lightly brown.