We’re loving these decorated cupcakes that are spooky & sweet! Made with The Chef’s Dark Chocolate Cupcake & Frosting Kit, a few extra ingredients from your pantry and a little baking magic, you can make these hauntingly good treats. Perfect for any Halloween party!
- 1 Box The Invisible Chef Dark Chocolate Cupcake Kit
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 4-5 Tbsp cream, half & half or milk
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp ground allspice
- 12 pointy sugar ice cream cones
- 6 ounces dark chocolate candy melts (or chocolate chips)
- 24 decorative cupcakes papers (brown/black - checked/polka dots)
- Prepare cupcakes as directed on box (add in optional spices if desired).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Microwave chocolate in a heat-proof bowl on high for approximately 30 seconds, stirring at 10 second intervals (do not over cook). Use a pastry brush to cover the ice-cream cones with the melted chocolate.
- Set cones on baking sheet to cool. Cut a 1-3/4 - inch diameter hole in the center of each paper cupcake liner. Place over chocolate-coated ice-cream cone to form the brim of the witch’s hat.
- Sprinkle frosted cupcake with colored sugar sprinkles, if desired. Place the “witch's hat” on top of each frosted cupcake. Place each cupcake into another decorative cupcake liner. Boo! Spooky…..but delicious!